AMERICN WORLDWIDE ACADEMY (AWA) POLICIES & PROCEDURES
(1) AWA is a Christian Faith High School and all of our standards and values are consistent with the teachings of the King James Bible. All AWA courses (e.g. Science and History courses) are lessons that are taught from an Evangelical Christian perspective.
(2) All students must be 16 years of age or older to enroll.
(3) Tuition includes AWA books & study guides (via email or AWA eCampus), grading, record services and the graduation package. Printed AWA books & study materials are available for an additional fee.
(4) AWA accepts all transfer credits, with a passing grade, from all secondary institutions accredited an agency approved by the Florida Committee of College Registrars, or an agency listed with the United States Department of Education. Foreign transfer credit(s) must come from a secondary school approved by a governmental department. A maximum of 18 credits may be transferred from previous school. A minimum of 6 credits must be completed with AWA to graduate, regardless of the transfer credit received.
(5) AWA provides transcript request forms for prior academic record; however, students are responsible for any fees incurred.
(6) After AWA receives the student’s fully executed enrollment agreement and evaluates prior academic record, AWA will inform each student of the courses required for graduation.
(7) Materials are made available to the student immediately upon receipt and approval of enrollment agreement, previous transcripts (if applicable), attestation, and enrollment fee. Students that enroll online will receive access to AWA eCampus upon approval.
(8) In accordance with the Family Rights and Privacy Act of 1975, the AWA will not release information concerning a student’s specific academic records without the consent of the student. AWA will only validate that a student has, or has not, graduated if requested by an employer, interested party, or post-secondary institution. AWA may make students’ information available to other institutions offering products and services that may be of interest. The information will be limited to the student’s name, address, email, and phone number. If the student does not wish for AWA to disclose this information, the student must submit a letter stating so to AWA Corporate Headquarters.
(9) AWA will scan and upload all materials submitted, which will be available on each student’s personal profile on the AWA eCampus portal.
(10) All information is maintained on the AWA secure online database. Every student may view and edit his or her personal information, refer family/friends, message school administration and teachers, print unofficial transcript, request official transcript, make payments, post writings to peers, and take courses, among other things.
(11) A diploma is awarded after all courses are completed and tuition obligations are met.
(12) American Worldwide Academy makes no guarantee that its credits, certificates, or diploma will automatically be accepted at any other institution.
If the student has questions about credit transfer or acceptance, he or she bears the responsibility of verifying prior to enrolling with AWA.
(13) The overall Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement for each program is the following: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for the High School Diploma Program and/or the Career Training Certificate. The AWA grading scale is: 100%-90%=A(4.0), 89%-80%=B(3.0), 79%-70%=C(2.0), 69%-60%=D(1.0) and 59%-below=F(0). Passing grades for all courses are: A, B, and C. Failing grades are: D and F.
(14) Non-Discriminatory Clause: AWA will never deny admissions to anyone on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, or national origin.
AMERICAN WORLDWIDE ACADEMY (AWA) TUITION AGREEMENT
(1) The enrollment/registration fee of $50 is non-refundable.
(2) Since each student receives educational services and educational materials at the time of enrollment, all tuition is non-refundable.
(3) Tuition: Students will be informed of the total cost of the program and will have to option to make the full tuition payment or make incremental payments of at least $50.00 every 14 days to remain in active status. If a student does not make at least a $50.00 payment every 14 days, and fails to notify AWA, he or she may be withdrawn. A diploma, or certificate, is awarded after all courses are completed and after all tuition obligations are met.
(4) If the student is withdrawn, for any reason, he or she must pay a $25.00 reactivation fee if or when the student chooses to complete their program with AWA.
(5) The high school diploma program must be completed within three years (36 months) from the date of enrollment. The career training certificate must be completed within 5 months. Failure to graduate within the allotted time will automatically result in the student being withdrawn and all payments made will be forfeited.
(6) Tuition includes the graduation package. Upon graduation, each student will receive an authentic American Worldwide Academy high school diploma and/or a career training certificate. Unofficial transcripts can be accessed on the student AWA eCampus. Official transcript may be purchased for an additional fee.
(7) Private one-on-one tutoring is available at the set rate of $50.00 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. Private one-on-one tutoring is not included in the tuition fee.